If you've been shopping for new fencing recently, you're likely overwhelmed by the sheer number of products and materials on the market today. While new fencing products like vinyl and aluminum are attractive, one of the most traditional fencing products--wood--still has a lot to offer. Wood fencing is versatile, affordable and available in a variety of designs and styles.
Advantages to choosing wooden fencing
1. Aesthetics. One of the chief benefits to choosing wooden fencing is the warm, classic look it lends to virtually any yard or landscaping project. Unlike steel, vinyl or aluminum, wood has a natural look that blends easily with trees, shrubs and garden beds.
2. Durability. Wooden fencing, like hardwood flooring, will last for decades if well-maintained. All you need to do to keep your wooden fence looking sharp is to paint or stain it every five years or so, replace any warped panels and keep an eye out for any water or insect damage.
3. Affordability. Depending on the style you choose, a wooden fence is one of the most affordable fencing options available. The initial cost of a wooden fence is quite a bit less than vinyl or wrought iron.
4. Added curb appeal. The beauty of a wooden fence can help you attract potential buyers when it comes time to put your house on the market. Since many home buyers drive by a property before ever calling for an appointment, an attractive, well-maintained wooden fence can add that visual appeal that makes them what to see the rest of the property.
5. Customizeable. Unlike wrought iron and steel fencing, wooden fencing material can be customized to fit your particular landscape. If your property slopes, the posts and fence panels can be sawed or shaved so that they hug the ground while still being horizontal on top. Decorative details like post caps, hanging flower boxes and/or lattice work, can also be added to wooden fencing to help make it your own.
6. Versatility. Wood fencing adapts to most any architectural or design style. There are picket fences, split rail fences, privacy fences and board fences. You can find a wooden fence that works in whatever space you have. Wood can also be stained or painted virtually any color.
7. Easy to repair. To fix a loose board in a wooden fence, all you need is a hammer and nails. Conversely, a vinyl or aluminum fence is much more difficult to fix, often requiring an entire new fence panel.
While a wooden fence isn't the right choice for every homeowner, this classic fencing is durable, cost-effective and beautiful. For more information, contact a local fencing company, like Town & Country Fence.Share